Asset Allocation Emphasis and Analysis
- Combination of internal and external management.
- Multiple capitalization ranges using both value and growth styles.
- Domestic and international equities.
- Favor the use of individual securities where possible for efficient tax management.
Fixed Income Management
- Favor intermediate term portfolios with investment grade bonds.
- Employ comprehensive, low-risk strategies such as “laddering” and “bar bell” approaches.
- Use either alone or a combination of individual bonds and or bond funds to accomplish the customer's goals.
- Either taxable bonds or tax-exempt municipal bonds will be used depending on the tax bracket or status of the customer.
Money Market Funds
- Taxable Money Market Funds are Triple A rated by three or more rating agencies and NAIC approved.
- Pennsylvania Tax-Exempt Money Market Funds uses only high rated, short-term municipal securities.
- No 12b-1 fees or swap fees are taken by Smithfield Trust Company, thus providing higher short-term yields.
Alternative and Nontraditional Investments
- Private equity and venture capital opportunities provided through Smithfield Equity Associates and other firms.
- Managed futures.
- Hedge funds (diversified strategies).
- Oil and gas drilling ventures.